Harry Potter Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Transfiguration- 5th year

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Korey Holten

Transfiguration- 5th year Empty
PostSubject: Transfiguration- 5th year   Transfiguration- 5th year Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:56 am

I walked with Harriett back to the castle, keeping a slow pace. We maintained small talk, mostly just trying to figure out what all we would do this year in the little amount of free time we might have. I complained about the 2 scroll essay on the proper handling techniques of fanged garaniums, how to wash them, and what to do if bitten. I still had the mindset that an assignment on the first day was just cruel, but knew that I would write it anyhow.

There were a few Slytherins sitting in teh Transfigurating classroom when I walked in, making me groan even more.

"I hope McGonnagall is still here. She at least keeps them in line," I whispered to Harriett as we grabbed some seats towards the front.
Back to top Go down
Harriet Handler

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration- 5th year   Transfiguration- 5th year Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:33 am

" Me too, if she's not here it will be unbearable!" I whispered as we sat down.

I was disappointed that we had class with the Slytherins, but I knew the chances of one of them ruining my projects in this class were slim because I excelled in transfiguration. Things are at least somewhat on the bright side, I thought.
Back to top Go down
Hisa Tanaka

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration- 5th year   Transfiguration- 5th year Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:29 pm

I watched as two more slow paced Hufflepuff walked into the class room, I sighed it wasnt soft or to myself. to me they were just a little worse the being around the Gryfendors. I was lucky to only have 1 or 2 classes with them as it was. I glared at the girls for a moment then looked back to the book on my desk
Back to top Go down
Korey Holten

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration- 5th year   Transfiguration- 5th year Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:08 am

I noticed the Slytherin girl's sigh, and glanced at her. It was Hisa; one of the snottiest girl around. She only liked other Slytherins, and was ridiculously snobby about blood lines. She even considered pure bloods who didn't devote themselves to the Dark Lord to be beneath her, and no better than a common muggle or 'mudblood.'

"Oh yes, she is certainly superior to us. She can sigh AND read," I muttered under my breath to Harriett, annoyed that we had this class with the Slytherins.

My annoyance magnified immediately when I saw a Death Eater enter the room- an immediate tip off that Professor McGonnagal no longer resided at Hogwarts. I bit my tongue, not wanting to anger him. I didn't trust any Death Eaters, and I knew, sadly, what they were capable of and what they viewed as right or wrong.

I stared at the front of class room, trying to hide the trepidation from my face, as he introduced himself as Mr. Dicotta and immediately delved into our assignment.
Back to top Go down
Hisa Tanaka

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration- 5th year   Transfiguration- 5th year Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:40 am

I decided not to say anything back to the girl or about her comment because I was better then her, and i knew it. i kept my face stern and stright as i read my book, not looking up until the door opend again and a death eatter walked it. my utmost joy in life was to have a death eatter as my teacher i looked at him and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Harriet Handler

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration- 5th year   Transfiguration- 5th year Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:35 am

I heard a familiar sigh and didn't even need to look to know it was Hisa, a Slytherin who thought she was too good for everyone. Great.

"Hey, reading AND sighing is a tough combination," I whispered back sarcastically. "Are those...." I trailed off as I looked at the table at the front of the room.

Sitting on the table were several glass jars full of what appeared to be severed Goblin fingers.

Mr. Dicotta the proceeded to tell us that we would be working on Vanishing spells and that we would be vanishing goblin fingers. I looked at the table utterly horrified, and tried not to let it show on my face.

"Can he really get away with that?" I said to Korey, careful to keep my voice under the buzz that was now going around the classroom.
Back to top Go down
Korey Holten

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration- 5th year   Transfiguration- 5th year Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:13 am

I followed Harriett's gaze, staring in equal horror at the fingers. Still, it certainly didn't show on my face. I kept my gaze passive and let the training that I had recieved for Legilimency and Occlumency set in- my emotions were not betrayed at all. My face was a blank slate, completly uncaring about what was happening.

Knowing Harriett would have a harder time with this, I got up and went and grabbed the fingers for both of us, setting them down without even the slightest bit of disgust in my eyes.

"Do you think I should talk to Professor Rose?" I muttered under my breath before I began to audibly say the incantation to try to make the object disappear.
Back to top Go down
Harriet Handler

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration- 5th year   Transfiguration- 5th year Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 3:06 am

"I don't think it would hurt to say something," I responded as I attempted the spell silently. My mother had always impressed upon me the importance of silent spells so that adversaries wouldn't have a heads up as to what I was throwing at them. For the moment I could vanish all but the fingernail silently.

"How much sway over the death eaters do you think she has though?" I asked as I thought seriously about it.

"Still maybe there is something she can do. She's not Dumbledore, but she's still the headmistress and I bet she wants revenge on the one that killed her husband," I thought at Korey, practicing my legilimens so as not to be overheard.
Back to top Go down
Korey Holten

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration- 5th year   Transfiguration- 5th year Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 5:06 pm

I nodded towards Harriett, glad she was still doing her spells silently. I had tried it, and when I really focused I could do it, but in a setting such as this, with a death eater breathing over my shoulder, I decided it was best to go with what I was best at and say them aloud.

"Maybe I will try to stop by her office after this class. We have a good hour or so before lunch, and our next class isn't until this afternoon. But I have a feeling that she is only here to make things appear normal; if there was no headmaster- at least one that wasn't a death eater- I don't think many students would have come back." I thought back to Harriett sadly.

"But you are getting better at this. I don't know why you struggle so much in occlumensy- its so much easier than this," I thought with a laugh but kept my face focused on the task at hand and said the incantation again as the professor walked by us, his accusing eyes focused on the two of us.

It made me uncomfortable, but I didn't show that or even a smile when my goblin fingers vanished completely and I successfully brought them back. I could feel the death eater's scowl on me but I didn't try to see what he was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Harriet Handler

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration- 5th year   Transfiguration- 5th year Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 5:22 pm

"I guess I just have trouble thinking about emptying my mind with everything that's going on" I thought in response.

I finally succeeded in vanishing my goblin finger completely towards the end of the class period. "Let's get out of here" I said to Korey. "You go talk to professor Rose and I'll wait for you in the common room," I was anxious to hear what she would learn from professor Rose.
Back to top Go down
Hisa Tanaka

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration- 5th year   Transfiguration- 5th year Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:17 am

as soon as class was over i left. todays class had been a little if not a lot disapointing
Back to top Go down
Valerie Bridgeman

Valerie Bridgeman

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration- 5th year   Transfiguration- 5th year Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 2:53 pm

I walked into the class the next day hoping none of the Hufflepuffs and Slytherins will fight. I still think that Slytherins should show their support to the school instead of the hags from hell(aka Death Eaters) and the ridicusoly(srry spll) Voldermort who was just like everybody else except that he had a big head. I laughed @ the thought.
Back to top Go down
Valerie Bridgeman

Valerie Bridgeman

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration- 5th year   Transfiguration- 5th year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:44 pm

I walked up to the HufflePuffs smiled and said"Wonder why Professor Retard is here instead of McGonagall>"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration- 5th year   Transfiguration- 5th year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transfiguration- 5th year
Page 1 of 1